You will not feel good to see the tick crawling on the floor; it is not very easy to leave the issue as it is. You must consider the health threats that ticks offer you/
The great advantage is that most of the ticks never live inside the homes with us but they will become the most serious health threat for you and your family under certain conditions. If you notice these creatures inside your home, the first thing you have to do is to find out how it got inside your home.
If you find ticks on your clothes or on your skin, doesn’t mean you are infected. If may come from other places where you recently visited. Here are a few things which will indicate that there is more than one tick in your home. However, if you are still suspicious, hire a Tick Control Service in Brisbane today.
Confirmation of Having Ticks in Your Home
- If you love to have pets in your home, maybe dogs or cats, these animals will never stay in one place, they will go in and out of the house regularly. Therefore, there are heavy chances of ticks entering your house. Check the ears and collar of your pets because these are the favorite spots for ticks to hide. The ticks feed the groin areas and between areas of the toes of your pets.
- Have you ever noticed the signs of rodents inside your house? The mice, squirrels, rats etc, these animals easily carry ticks to your home. Having critters in the home is the symbol of having more than one ticks, for example, one mouse can have more than hundreds of ticks that rest on its body.
- Having brown dog ticks in the homes are really irritating because it is one of the worst types of ticks as it completes its entire lifespan in the home. If your visitors bring their pets inside your home, be careful because these ticks will easily enter your home through pets either from outside or your own pets. These ticks feed on the dogs and if they are unable to find a canine host on the dogs they will easily turn towards humans.
- Now you have confirmed that you have ticks in your home, the next immediate action you must take is calling the Tick control experts to handle the case. These are much nuisance creatures which will transmit serious and harmful diseases the humans and some of the diseases spread by different types of ticks are listed below:
Common Types of Ticks and the Diseases Carried By Them to Humans
- Black legged ticks- These ticks spread Lyme disease in humans. The Lyme disease is connected with the bull’s-eye rash immediately; however, this will not occur always in many cases. The most sensitive symptoms of this disease are lethargy, joint pain, and fatigue. The long-run symptoms of this disease are MS, ALS, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- American dog ticks- These type of ticks feed humans, Rocky Mountain spotted fever is the primary disease spread by this ticks. American dog ticks also spread tularemia, tick-borne diseases, and tick bite paralysis.
- Brown dog ticks- they feed dogs and spread canine Babesia and canine ehrlichiosis, they even feed humans if they did not find dog hosts.
- Lone star ticks- this type of ticks spread ehrlichiosis, Sothern Tick-Associated Rash Illness (STARI). They also develop alpha-gal allergy a type of rare meat allergy.
Hire the Tick control Service in Brisbane to deal with this problem and get rid of ticks immediately from your home to keep you and your family in a safer side. To know more about Pest Control Brisbane Southside and get the best help for your the issue.